Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 35

This week was really tiring. We had a lot of service and some things didn´t go according to plan. But, in the end, Pegro Juan Betancourt Cisterna was baptized! He is now part of a complete family and in one year they will be able to go to the temple together! We are teaching a family of 4 right now: The Ramos family. They have baptismal dates for the 15th of this month. They are doing great! We ate lunch with them on Saturday, the kids went to the baptism, and all 4 went to church on Sunday and had a really spiritual experience! It´s amazing what loving people can do. We can do all we want, but if we don´t love them, we won´t accomplish anything. God works through the Spirit and the Spirit is love. If we fill our hearts with hate, regret, jealousy, and other negative feelings, He can´t use us to bless others and we definitely won´t help them feel the love the Savior has for them. I have been thinking about how much Heavenly Father loves us all. I spent 21 years of my life doing whatever I wanted. I spent a good amount of that time doubting His existence and even denying it for a while. I hurt others, I threw away opportunities, I disobeyed God almost every opportunity I had, I denyed love to those who loved me most, and took for granted all that I was given. What did God do in return? He loved me more than I will ever understand. He blessed me more. He gave me more opportunities, He put more people in my life that loved me, He blessed me with more and more and more. And finally, one day I realized that. It took a lot for me to wake up, but He did it. There is no greater gift than this gospel. In the darkest part of my life, when I least cared about God, He blessed me with the brightest thing the world has ever know: His gospel. I know that He loves us. I know that He feels the same about everyone. I´m convinced that if we all realized that, we wouldn´t wait one second to share this with others. The greatest gift we can give is the gospel. Share it and I promise you that you will recognize your true potential as a child of God. That´s a promise to everyone. Oh hey, I love Micaela Morgan Wright. She´s the second greatest thing the world has ever known!
Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment