Monday, January 20, 2014

Week 33

This week was my first week with my new companion, Elder Hinckley. He´s a good guy. We get along well, but obviously there are always differences that you need to overcome. I´m sure I´ll end up learning a lot from him. We possibly have two baptisms this Saturday. Pedro Betancourt lives in Tijeral. His wife and oldest daughter are recent converts. The first time we asked him to be baptized he didn´t waste a second in telling us no haha. After a few weeks of sharing the gospel and of the Spirit doing its job, he has changed his mind. Now, he has the opportunity to be baptized, receive a remission of his sins, and, in the future, be sealed to his family forever. Mauricio is a 24-year-old who lives here in Renaico. I remember the first time I talked with him that he had no interest at all in being baptized. But, after making some changes in his life, he expressed to us his desire to be baptized. His girlfriend is also listening to us and progressing a lot. I had an experience yesterday that was really cool. We were waiting for a bus to Tijeral for about an hour. With about 10 minutes before church started, I prayed for a bus. Afterwards, I told Elder Marble that a bus would arrive in 30 seconds. 30 seconds later, a bus arrived. I love experiences like that that remind us that God exists, that through faith the Lord blesses us, and that God is still a God of miracles. I´m grateful for all that He has blessed me with, especially my family and for Micaela Morgan Wright. There is no greater happiness than that which comes from our families and this gospel. Everyone deserves that.

Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment