Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Week 30

I finally got to talk to my family, and my beautiful girlfriend, on Skype on Christmas Day. I couldn´t have asked for a better Christmas present. I only have to go through one more Christmas away from my family. It was great, however, to be able to spend Christmas and New Year´s with the families here. I´ll never have the chance to do that again after this year. It´s definitely a new experience. We ate dinner on Christmas Eve at the Elder´s Quorum President´s house on Christmas Eve with his family and at Luis´ (a recent convert now!) last night for New Year´s Eve. The people here are great. They make you feel like you´re at home, even though you´re thousands of miles away. This past Saturday, Luis was baptized! I´m pretty sure I already wrote about the miracle that happend with him so that he was able to be baptized. We had been teaching his dad, too. We were working really hard to help him get baptized with his son, but nothing seemed to be working. Elder Escalante and I decided to fast for him. The day we fasted, after having a rough day, we went by his house and he told us that he had decided to be baptized! It helped me realize how powerful fasting is and how little we can accomplish without the Lord. We can´t do anything without Him. This is His work, not ours. The only way that we can become instruments in His hands is by recognizing that we are nothing without Him. If you want to know how that experience made me feel, you can read Alma 26. We are currently working with Claudio. He is living with a woman named Evelyn, who is also investigating the church. Claudio is great. He has changed a ton since meeting the Elders for the first time. He is continuing to progress toward his baptism on the 11th of this month. Please keep him in your prayers. I love you, Micaela Morgan Wright. Have a great week, everyone!

Elder Reynolds
Everyone before Luis' Baptism

Luis' Baptism
Luis' Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment