Monday, August 12, 2013

Week 10!

Great week. We have a conference with the mission president early in the week and found out that Elder Smith and I will be working more with the members. Before, we were focused on investigators, but now we have the chance to spend more time with the people that are going to be there for the future members when we aren´t. Members are so important. Every member has the responsibility to share what they know. We have so many blessings from this gospel and it wouldn´t be right to keep that a secret. People deserve to know and that is a key part of missionary work. So share what you know! We had 17 lessons this week. That´s the most we have ever had here. We have been really focused on loving the people we teach and as we have done so, I´ve felt the Spirit more throughout the day and in our lessons. We have been practicing for a musical presentation we will be having in San Pedro this coming Sunday. It is about Joseph Smith. We practiced the entire thing yesterday and it was amazing. It´s crazy how much music can bring the Spirit and how much it can teach us. The entire time I was thinking of how important it will be to get people to this performance. It has the potential to change these people´s lives. That isn´t an overstatement, either. It´s that powerful. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet. I know that The Book of Mormon is the word of God, and I know that this church is the church of Jesus Christ, that He is at its head and that He guides it through President Monson. I don´t doubt that. I know it. We may have a baptism this coming Saturday, if everything goes according to plan. Lientur Torres is preparing himself to make his first major covenant with his Heavenly Father. He has progressed so much and has overcome so much. It is truly humbling to play a part in this moment of his life. To see someone use the Atonement to piece their lives back together and to make it more than they ever could have imagined is beyond description. So everyone knows, Correos Chile, which does all the mail here, is on strike, so it will take a while for any mail to get here or there. I´m extremely grateful that Heavenly Father has put Micaela Morgan Wright in my life. I know that sometimes she is worried about me, but I want her to know that I love her more than she can possibly imagine and that will never change. I know that she is the one I´m going to spend eternity with and I know that Heavenly Father put her in my life to make me better. She is an incredible example from me and I look forward to learning from her each and every day forever. 

Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment