Wednesday, April 1, 2015

March 24th



This week we saw more miracles. Elizabeth, Valentina, and Tommy all came to church. They have been twice now. Tommy smokes two packs a day, but he knows exactly what he wants. He says that he cannot find happiness in the world and knows that he can only find peace in living the teachings of Christ. He is willing and working to quit smoking so that he can be baptized on the 11th. We are working hard with him and know that, through Christ, all things are possible. God is a God of miracles. Elizabeth and Valentina are loving everything about church. We passed by last night with Hermano Pinar. We taught about the Book of Mormon, what it is and why it´s important. They felt that our words were true and, without us inviting them to, committed to read a chapter everyday as a family. They are excited for their baptism on the 11th and committed themselves to go to both sessions on Saturday. I have seen God work miracles every day of my mission. I know He lives. I know that He loves us. I know that He still works miracles in our lives, if we have faith and we fight through the trials. I know that faith brings us hope, that hope brings us charity, and that charity purifies us. I know that we will live again after this life, because Christ broke the bands of death. Through Him, we can do all things. I have seen how He has a plan for us. I have made plans and He has torn them down and built His own, and they are always better. He has done the same with me. I have built myself up, and He has torn me down in order to create the man that He needs me to be. I know that there is no other name by which we can be saved and experience true joy in this life. It is only possible throught the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the way, the only way. Through Him, all things were created and through Him we can do all things. I know these things are true. I have felt them. They have filled me. They lift me up every day and I have seen their power in the lives of others.

Elder Reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment