Wednesday, April 1, 2015

March 10th



We had cambios this week. I´ll be staying with Elder Katschke again. I´m not sure what is going to happen to me during my last cambio. We will see! We worked in our sector after all the cambios. It was a rough week. We are working really hard in our sector, but many times we don´t see fruits immediately and sometimes we get down about it. We had one day this week that was really difficult and we were really sad when we got home. We got up early the next day and headed to Concepción for consejo. I read a talk by Elder Holland called "Nadie Estuvo con Él," which talks about how Christ was alone during His time here. He was rejected by so many, and when He was on the cross even the Spirit left Him so that He could feel what we feel when we lose the Spirit. He suffered so much, just so He could support us and lift us up during our times of difficulty. He knows us perfectly and loves us perfectly. I read that and it helped me to realize that I am not alone. I have the guide of prophets of the past and present. I have the Spirit. I have my companion. I have my mission president. I have so many people and things to support me through times of difficulty. I should never feel alone, because I never am. That goes for all of us. After that, Presidente Verdugo (ex seventy) spoke during the consejo and I felt like he was speaking directly to me. He spoke about character. Our true character is what we show when things are tough, when we are tired, when things seem dark. Christ´s character was that of pure love and sacrifice. Even in the most difficult times, He thought of us before Himself. Christ wants us to have that same type of character, and the only way to achieve it is by following in His footsteps, and I know that that isn´t easy. It wasn´t easy for Him, so how can we expect it to be easy for us. As we strive to live a life like He lived His, He will give us strength, He will go before us and send angels behind us to lift us up, and He will give us success. I know that is true. I have felt His presence. I have felt His love. I have seen His hand in my life. I know He lives. I know He loves each and every one of us, and I know that He will NEVER fail us. On Sunday, I chose to read a scripture at random. I landed on Ezekiel 34:26, which says I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing. I know that the blessings will come. God keeps his promises.


No comments:

Post a Comment