Monday, August 11, 2014

Week 56

This was my last week in Labranza. I was informed this week that tomorrow I will be heading to my new sector, Victoria. It is about and hour and a half north of Labranza, so I won´t be going too far. My new companion´s name is Elder Braga. He is from Brazil. I´ve worked with him a few times, so I know that he is a good guy. I´m looking forward to what we can accomplish there. I have enjoyed my time a lot here in Labranza. I have met many friends that I will always have thanks to the gospel. I am leaving feeling like I was able to do what I could here. This past week, I went to Padre Las Casas to talk to a lady who is investigating the church there. Her name is Alicia and she is awesome. Her daughter is a member and is serving her mission in Ecuador. Everytime I have talked to her (this wasn´t the first time), I felt as though I was teaching my own mother. I know how her daughter must feel and the prayers she must be offering so that her mother can become a part of this gospel because I do and feel the same way. It was an amazing experience to get to know her and to teach her. I know that she will be able to accept the gospel before her daughter gets home from her mission. That is the very same hope that I have had for my mother since I left almost a year and a half ago. There are many things that don´t go our way and many things that don´t happen in the timetable that we have, but God has a perfect plan for each and every one of us. Many times, we just have to stop and realize that His ways are higher than our ways. We have a very small perspective and many times what we see is best, actually isn´t. When we learn to let go and accept God´s will, we will truly know what happiness is.

Elder Reynolds








No comments:

Post a Comment